pompous cat.


Sunday, August 12, 2007

I Am So ANGRY!

Went to develop some pictures for a mini competition. It took two--to be exact three--trips to make 21 5R prints.

At $1.50-2 each, you'd expect better quality. Instead, when I went to collect them eagerly today, they were full of a photographer's nightmare--FINGERPRINTS!!!!!!!!! ON GLOSSY PAPER!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AGAINST BLACK BACKGROUNDDDD!!!!!!!!!

OMG.

I found out the cause of these awful, GHASTLY things OhMyGodFingerprints when I was waiting for more photos to be developed** (**another digression later). When the photos were fresh from the machine, Read: FRESH!!, the shop assistant (not the lady who was developing) took the prints and proceeded to crop the excess white border away.

Do you know how she handled the prints?!?!?! The FRESHHHHH prints?!?!?!?!

She took the pictures roughly, piak-ed them on the table, PLASTERED HER HANDS ALL OVER THEM as THOUGH they were just paper!!!!! Hello?? Glossy paper??? Fresssh prints??? Completely vulnerable to GREASY FINGERS?? OMGOMGOMGGGGGGGGG.

I recoiled from the pit of my stomach. When she pressed down on the photos I almost fainted. I mean, SERIOUSLY?!?

An irrepressible squeal of horror escaped me, and she went, "What, what?"

I helplessly looked at her pressing fingers and squeaked, "Your Fingerprintsssss!" while my hands clenched into claws that were itching, ITCHING to PEEL her hands away from my precious, FRESH photos oh God :(

And she still went, "Where got? No lah, I press very lightly only."

WHERE GOT!?!?!?!?!? PRESS VERY LIGHTLY???

Hello, you shouldn't even be PRESSING ON THEM!


AND, guess what she was doing BEFORE handling the photos???

EATING MALTESE CHOCOLATEBALLS WITH HER HANDS.

I really, REALLY, REALLLLLY wanted to demand REPRINTSSSSS.

The only reason why I didn't blow up and screamed my head off was because I thought, stupidly, that I can come back quickly and salvage the ghastly damage. I thought, very stupidly, that a good polishing cloth will wipe away the ghastly damage and none will be the wiser about it.

I was wrong.

I am STILL staring at the prints and recoiling from the HORRID, HORRID fingerprintsssssss GAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

SO ANGRY!!!!!! And at a disgusting premium of $2 PER PIECE!

HOW CAN THEY HIRE THESE PhotoIDIOTS! Or why couldn't the more enlightened ones make these idiots wear GLOVES when handling glossy prints!

As a sidenote they also screwed up one print and I couldn't go back because they've already shut down the machine. So I have to make another trip down to collect the replacement print. Actually that's still okay and not a major problem, but the WAY these people handled the prints, or rather, just that girl, is just absolutely grotesque.

Grrrrrrrr. Absolutely grotesque! GRRRRR!

9:42 PM. [#]
food for thought



Snoop

mine.
canadiancat
wakingbodies

others'.
adjourned I
adjourned II
anzac
bloomin' dead flowers
digital diarrhoea
ling
moondance
miss m
pies n pancakes
realxav
sassyjan

mail order bride
postsecret
karen cheng
janice & andrew

adrian
esther

katie rice
johnkstuff
katie cook