pompous cat.


Wednesday, July 25, 2007

God, I am so sick. My nose ran like a tap yesterday and today it's been stuffed to the brim all day. Having woozy vision and feverish head. Throat's completely inflammed and my whole body is like jell-O, having been pumped with so much medicine.

I'm supposed to have quite an important day today--meeting and ahem, 'bonding' with people I have to work with for a year. That also translates to stupid activities and loads of running around.

Two hours from the activity I decided I really need an MC.

My first MC. God! I've been fretting and fretting about that stupid paper and its effect on my pay and future promotions. You know what they say: When everything's been compared, it's down to stupid stuff like the number of MCs you took.

But I really couldn't have dragged myself to the end of Singapore and done all the rah-rah stuff.

At some point I was reminded that God is greater than MCs affecting anything, so I felt much more encouraged and at peace.


Being sick also reminded me of how he was so sick once, he was confined to his bed and had no energy to do anything. He slept with the fan off and it was stifling hot. But I stayed by his side and tried to make him more comfortable. And he was SO sick. Poor thing.

Sobs. I really miss him now. Wish he were here. :(

6:31 PM. [#]
food for thought



Snoop

mine.
canadiancat
wakingbodies

others'.
adjourned I
adjourned II
anzac
bloomin' dead flowers
digital diarrhoea
ling
moondance
miss m
pies n pancakes
realxav
sassyjan

mail order bride
postsecret
karen cheng
janice & andrew

adrian
esther

katie rice
johnkstuff
katie cook