pompous cat.


Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Now that I've met the last of my deadlines for the last semester of my official school years, (impending exams and nanoworld test notwithstanding haha), I've finally gotten around to the shocking administrative stuff that most prospective graduates have to do.

Such as, ordering of academic dress. I wish I can be more optimistic about the pink hood I have to wear (gross pun, pun, pun!!!) but really, it's at moments like this that I wish I majored in something with a prettier colour. Ahem. Like GOLD (science) which I'm never gonna survive in; or next best alternative ORANGE (social sciences) which seems much more attainable (considering I once toyed with the idea of majoring in Sociology). Pink is just so ugly. :( Only comfort is at least I'm not a guy. :x Haha.

And then. Jobs. jobs, jobs, jobs. While I've already decided on (and gotten) a pretty good option, all that talk I've heard before about not envying blah blah blah comes crashing in. What with friends being offered high-flyer-sounding options with a fat starting paycheck of $3k, AND friends being headhunted, la la la, suddenly my fragile ego is wondering what the hell I've been doing these past (coming) four years in NUS. Incessant questions of why didn't you work harder, join more ccas, be an enthu-kia blah blah blah buzz round and round and round.

Grrrr. Hate, hate, hate!

Though I must credit that slacker-life-appreciating side of me that comes to my rescue with, Don't Buy Into The Rat Race!!! Hur. Hur.

It's not easy lah. It's not easy to settle for mediocrity. Mediocre brains, mediocre life, mediocre looks, mediocre everything.

In other words, it's not easy to reject the world and its enticing offers.

HURrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrphm. Sigh. I wanna be a hobo. :S Gah.


And then there are the foreseeable future stuff like, finances, insurance, saving, blah blah, WEDDINGSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS (growl)--the weddings around me are making me so stressed! I can't believe FRIENDS are getting MARRIED (ugh!!). Like, woah! Slow down man, how come so fast one. :S

I wonder if this is called some young adult crisis or something. On one hand I don't want to work and accelerate old age (not literally, more like mentally. you know, talk about old people things, in an old people's way. ugh). On the other, I don't wanna be stuck in a teeny world of books and i-don't-have-a-care-in-the-world.



Can I just run away to a far away place where I can live my life The Way I Want To and not be stressed up by all these crazy go-getters around me. Ugh.

Or. Maybe I should just stop reading about their vunderful vunderful lives. UGh!

Oh, oh. Can I also add that I CAN'T believe I'm going to be 23 this year? TWENTY-THREE! Wasn't it just a couple of years ago when I told a friend that wow you're gonna be 23? -_-

Yah. I think I wanna stop thinking about that numbers thing cuz what do they mean anyway right. Hahaha. It's just that I never imagined a 23-year-old is Me. My fellow 23-year-old friends don't behave like they are 23 also, so. (Ahem, ms anzac and bimbo M etc.) Hahaha. I mean when you were a young young kid and looked at those tall, filled-out people, and found out they were 23, eons away from you, so worldly, so... grown-up! and imagine you are now at that stage--er, there appears a big disconnect somewhere.

Ok I know. Kid-version of 23-year-old don't match the Actual-version of 23-year-old. Hmmmmmm. Why ah.


Anyway. PMS is not so bad this month--maybe cuz of momma's secret herbal soup (which tastes grosss yucks). But. I still Neeeeed To Shoppppppp!!!!!! N.E.E.D to! haha.

12:01 PM. [#]
food for thought



Snoop

mine.
canadiancat
wakingbodies

others'.
adjourned I
adjourned II
anzac
bloomin' dead flowers
digital diarrhoea
ling
moondance
miss m
pies n pancakes
realxav
sassyjan

mail order bride
postsecret
karen cheng
janice & andrew

adrian
esther

katie rice
johnkstuff
katie cook