pompous cat.


Thursday, April 05, 2007

In the mood for How-Come-This-Never-Happen-To-Me?!?!??!?! ?

Read this! [+]

I did think the last, last old couple ending part was quite.. er.. cheesy tho.

But who knows if the story is real! :D

**

Anyway, some mundane updates:

I was typing my ISM draft last night, intending to submit it to my sup today, but by wee morning I was concussing after every paragraph of reading. Since my sister's typing was s l o w i n g down too, I suggested a Quick Nap.

Hur hur. Anyone trained in the art of last-minute through-the-night essays knows there is no such thing as a Quick Nap.

But that's not really the point. I woke up this morning feeling like damn! the draft is not done! but what's new, right.

What's New is that at 6 AM this morning I trudged to my table where I left my work last night...

moved the mouse ... ... ...

And.

[Ctrl + Alt + Del]; Please LOGIN TO WINDOWS.

W . T . !$%$£%&%^*()&*)%^£$%"£ !!!!!!

It's quite an understatement to say I was frozen in my step. I logged in, opened MSWord, expecting the AutoRecovery thingy to work its magic, but could only stare in more horror as Document 1 remained adamantly open with the GROWL! blinking cursor.

ARGH! The final thing is due on Monday leh. The essay = 100% grade for the module leh. 1st draft submit TODAY (thursday) already considered super bloody late already leh. Wah lao! Growl, growl, growl!

Never mind. KIV that and rewind to mundate update 2:

In a nutshell, I also had a science paper (the big ass 25-30pages one) due today. Sister and I are writing on geckos (hur hur) and all we I know is that they are tiny creepy reptiles which eat bugs and have sticky feet. Gah.

At 11.30pm last night we decided to email for FURTHER extension (deadline was already extended once!), knowing it's a long long shot but keeping our fingers crossed.

**

Ok, now fast forward to this morning. Wiped-Out-Draft + Prob-Won't-Get-Extension = I need another 24hours please.

But! While I was moping in class (late by 10 minutes somemore!) trying to look intelligent (I haven't read/bought the text) and nodding at my supervisor's lecture, and I was inwardly boo-boo-ing sobs sobs, guess what!

Hmm. Not sure how to say this so it doesn't sound lame, but in the end my supervisor was super understanding. Shan't go into the details but somehow God just made a way. Also, my sister and I got the extension. Really! It couldn't get better, but it did!

I got back the essay I slept only 4 hours for (see prev post). Given her repute for strict marking and dishing out Bs, and given the details and argument were not clear in my head at the time of writing, and given I was struggling to just finish it half the time, my grade was really pretty decent.

So really, what can I say? Supervisor agreed to read my draft on a public holiday, offered to meet on Saturday for discussion; getting the A-Okay for further extension; getting a decent grade... all in one day?

Seriously, the moral of the mundane update is: Praise God. :D Ok, I don't know much, but I know that good things come from Him, and these are good things, so they must be from Him. I hope it's as simple as that. praise, praise, and rejoice! :D

Oh, oh. I just remembered something else. On the way back, (got a ride from papa, yay!) there was this stretch of beautiful clouds with the sunset rays shining through them... and right in the middle was this giant, GIANT mountain-shaped cloud with GOLDEN LINING all around!

Can you say Wow more? Gosh. :)

9:10 PM. [#]
food for thought



Snoop

mine.
canadiancat
wakingbodies

others'.
adjourned I
adjourned II
anzac
bloomin' dead flowers
digital diarrhoea
ling
moondance
miss m
pies n pancakes
realxav
sassyjan

mail order bride
postsecret
karen cheng
janice & andrew

adrian
esther

katie rice
johnkstuff
katie cook